8 Best Dive Computer for Beginners 2022
Choosing the best dive computer for beginners can be tricky and hard to find, but it doesn’t have to be! We will list the top 8 best dive computers for beginners in 2022, so you can decide on which computer to get specifically tailored to your needs.
Coming back to the point.
Dive computers are essential underwater dive gear that should be considered when planning any scuba diving adventure, and you must choose the right one, especially if you’re starting.
Points Of Discussion
When diving for the first time, purchasing a dive computer that can help you make accurate dives is important. A dive computer is a device that helps divers to track their dive data and perform certain calculations while diving.
There are many different types of dive computers, but the best ones for beginners are those that have a simple interface and are easy to use. They should also be affordable, so you can afford to upgrade or add features as you become more knowledgeable about diving.
If you are new to diving and want to purchase a dive computer, read our buying guide first. Also, purchase a rash guard for you that will be a great help in salty waters.
It will help you find the right computer for your needs and ensure you get the most out of your diving experience.
Best Dive Computer for Beginners
1. Cressi Leonardo Underwater Diving Computer
If you are a beginner diver looking for the best dive computer for your needs, the Cressi Leonardo is a perfect choice. This computer has a user-friendly interface and features a variety of diving data fields, including air temperature, water temperature, depth, time, and date.
It also has an alarm function that will sound if you exceed safety limits while driving. The Leonardo also has a backlight for improved visibility in low-light conditions.
- This computer is compatible with most diving masks.
- It has a time, date, and depth display.
- It is designed for breath-holding dives.
- The screen is clear and easy to read.
- It also features a backlight for improved visibility in low-light conditions.
- The Cressi Leonardo is an affordable computer designed for scuba diving, snorkeling, and freediving.
- It comes with a lanyard that is easy to carry around the neck.
- Some divers reported that it doesn’t work well in cold temperatures.
- It is not water resistant and has limited weather forecasts.
This model is a great choice if you want to dive with an affordable quality computer. It offers many features of the more expensive computers on this list but costs much less.
Check out the Best Watch for Swimming Laps.
2. Mares Puck Pro Wrist Dive Computer
The Mares Puck Pro Wrist Dive Computer is a perfect choice if you are a beginner diver looking for the best dive computer for your needs. This dive computer has a lot of features that are specifically designed for beginner divers.
One feature that makes the Mares Puck Pro Wrist Dive Computer great for beginners is its easy-to-use interface. This dive computer has a single screen that is easy to read and understand. It also has a lot of buttons and knobs that are easy to use.
Another great feature of the Mares Puck Pro Wrist Dive Computer is its accuracy. This dive computer is certified by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) as being accurate within 2 meters. It means you can trust it to give accurate information about your diving conditions.
Overall, the Mares Puck Pro Wrist Dive Computer is one of the best beginner dive computers. It has an easy-to-use interface and is accurate to within 2 meters.
- Accurate to within 2 meters (for depths up to 6,000 feet)
- Extremely easy-to-read display screen
- Easy-to-use buttons and knobs
- Suitable for divers of all experience levels
- Oxygen monitoring technology helps reduce nitrogen narcosis.
- Easy to read screen
- Works great
- Great value for the money
- It’s a little hard to get into the battery compartment at first, but it loosens up after a while.
The best dive computer is the Mares Quattro Pro Wrist Dive Computer. With a large, easy-to-read display screen, this model was designed as an affordable option for beginners.
Best Dive Computer for Beginners Under $500
1. SUUNTO Zoop Novo Wrist Scuba Diving Computer
If you are new to diving or want to make your diving more efficient, a dive computer is a must-have. A dive computer can help you calculate the right dive time, track your progress underwater, and even warn you if you exceed safe diving conditions.
The best dive computer for beginners is the SUUNTO Zoop Novo Wrist Scuba Diving Computer. This computer has an easy-to-use interface that is perfect for first-time divers. It also has various features that will help you track your progress underwater.
For example, it has a depth meter that tells you how deep you are diving and a time display that shows how long it has been since your last ascent. The SUUNTO Zoop Novo Wrist Scuba Diving Computer also comes with an alarm system that will indicate when dangerous diving conditions are present.
- Suunto Zoop Novo Wrist Scuba Diving Computer has a display that shows the current time, depth and maximum depth.
- It also comes with a time counter that displays how long you have been diving.
- The SUUNTO Zoop Novo Wrist Scuba Diving Computer is best used in the following water conditions.
- Suunto Zoop Novo Wrist Scuba Diving Computer is easy to use.
- Your screen is easily read, and the buttons are highly accessible.
- The display is bright and clear.
- It automatically turns itself off after a few minutes when it feels there are no dangers present in the water.
Get the Suunto Zoop Novo Wrist Scuba Diving Computer at today’s best price. It comes with a 1-year manufacturer’s warranty.
2. Atmos Mission One Dive Computer, Black
The Atmos Mission One Dive Computer is a great option for people just starting diving. It’s simple to use and has all the features you need to dive safely and efficiently.
The Atmos Mission One Dive Computer comes with a digital compass, barometer, and temperature gauge. It makes it easy to keep track of your dive location and depth.
It also has a calendar that displays the date, time, and current dive conditions. The Atmos Mission One Dive Computer also has a backlight for nighttime diving.
If you’re looking for a dive computer that’s easy to use and has all the features you need, the Atmos Mission One is a great choice.
- Digital compass
- Barometer Temperature gauge
- Calendar Backlight
- Digital display
- The Atmos Mission One is easy to use, even if you’re first diving.
- You don’t need any previous experience because it’s simple to learn.
- The calendar feature makes tracking your dive date, time, and depth easy.
- The only problem is that it’s slightly larger than other dive computers. Some divers might find it overwhelming.
The Atmos Mission One is an excellent dive computer that’s simple to use. It has all the features you need, making it a little easier to use with practice.
Best Dive Computer for Beginners Under $1000
1. Shearwater Research Peregrine Dive Computer
If you are a beginner diver looking for the best dive computer for your needs, you should consider the Shearwater Research Peregrine dive computer. This computer is perfect for new divers because it is simple and has many features that will help you dive safer and more effectively.
One of the most important features of the Peregrine dive computer is its easy-to-read display. This display is easy to see even in low light conditions, which makes it perfect for beginners who may struggle with reading complicated dive computers.
Additionally, the Peregrine dive computer has an alarm system that will warn you if you exceed your dive limits. This system will help you avoid dangerous diving situations and protect your safety and the safety of other divers in your group.
- 4-Button Control
- Easy Read Display
- 25 Bar Gauge
- Alarm System
- Dive Limits Capability
- Dual Air Scenarios
- Easy to read even in low light conditions
- Alarm system and dive limits capability
- Not as big as other computers on the market, but meets most people’s needs.
The Peregrine is a very affordable dive computer that is easy to use and will give you all the necessary information. The alarm system is useful, especially if you are going on dives where you must be extra careful of your limits.
2. Shearwater Research Perdix Dive Computer
If you’re looking for the best dive computer for beginners, the Shearwater Research Perdix Dive Computer is the perfect option. This dive computer is designed to be simple and easy to understand. Plus, it has many features that will help you dive safely and efficiently.
First and foremost, the Perdix Dive Computer has a digital display that makes it easy to read. The large and clear screen makes it easy to see even in low light conditions.
Additionally, the Perdix Dive Computer has a built-in compass and depth gauge. You don’t have to carry separate equipment for measuring depth and direction.
The Perdix Dive Computer also has many other features that will help you dive safely and efficiently. For example, it has a stopwatch function that accurately lets you time your dives.
Also read: best dive watches under $2,000.
It also has a backlight that makes it easier to see in dark situations. And last but not least, the Perdix Dive Computer has a cold weather warning feature that alerts you if the water temperature drops below freezing.
- The Perdix Dive Computer has a rugged design that makes it easy to carry.
- It is small enough to fit in your pocket, and the thick rubberized coating protects against moisture and bumps.
- The built-in compass and depth gauge makes it easy to navigate safely, even in dark or murky waters.
- In addition, the built-in clock can be used for timing dives or storing dive profiles.
- The Perdix Dive Computer has a built-in VHF radio, allowing you to talk with other divers.
- It can be useful if you need help in case of an emergency.
- The display is bright and easy to read in any situation.
- The only problem with the Perdix Dive Computer is that it doesn’t have a built-in compass or depth sounder.
The Perdix Dive Computer is a great choice for scuba diving. It can record and display lots of information, including the air consumption rate, bottom time, and deco times. It also comes with a compass and depth gauge to easily navigate your next destination.
Best Dive Computer for Beginners Under $3000
1. SHEARWATER RESEARCH Teric Wrist Dive Computer (Blue)
If you are new to diving, a dive computer is a must-have item. A dive computer allows you to track your dive data and make better decisions while diving. There are many different types of dive computers on the market, but the best one for beginners is the SHEARWATER RESEARCH Teric Wrist Dive Computer (Blue).
The Teric Wrist Dive Computer (Blue) has many perfect features for beginners. For example, it has a simple interface that is easy to understand. It also has a backlight display to see it in low-light conditions. Another great feature of this dive computer is its resolution. The resolution is high enough to track your dive data accurately, but it is still easy to read.
The SHEARWATER RESEARCH Teric Wrist Dive Computer (Blue) is the best dive computer for beginners. It has all the features you need to make accurate dive decisions and track your data accurately.
- It is a wrist dive computer that makes it easy to track your dive data.
- It has a resolution of 1,650 ft and a backlight display so you can read it in low-light conditions.
- The unit includes an easy-to-understand interface that is perfect for beginning divers.
- Manual depth adjustment
- Wrist depth gauge
- Backlight display for reading in low light conditions
- The display screen is difficult to read unless it is light in low light conditions.
If you are a beginner diver and this is your first dive computer, I highly suggest you purchase this unit. It will do all the basic things you need a dive computer to do, and it’s easy to read in low-light conditions.
2. SUUNTO D5 Scuba Diving Wrist Computer
The SUUNTO D5 scuba diving wrist computer is a great choice for beginner divers. It has all the features you need to make diving safe and easy.
This dive computer has a built-in depth gauge, a digital compass, and a barometric pressure sensor. It also has a USB port to transfer your dive data to your computer or smartphone easily.
The SUUNTO D5 is easy to use and has great beginner divers features. If you are looking for the best dive computer for beginners, the SUUNTO D5 is the perfect option.
It is super easy to use and has all the features you need for safe diving. It also comes with a low-profile wrist mount, so the D5 does not cover your air tank when you are on the surface.
- The SUUNTO D5 dive computer is compatible with most scuba tanks, including Nitrox.
- The SUUNTO D5 dive computer has a built-in depth gauge, so it can tell you how deep you dive and how long you have been underwater.
- This dive computer comes with three different colored wrist mounts, so you have options for the color scheme on your gear.
- It is very easy to use.
- It has plenty of built-in features.
- It does not have a high-pressure warning device.
This watch has been designed so you can take your vacation time and enjoy it to the fullest. It is one of those watches with many great features, preloaded apps and customizable settings, so you get exactly what you need while on vacation.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What Is The Easiest Dive Computer To Use?
One of the best dive computers for beginners is the Suunto D9. This computer is very easy to use and has many features that make it ideal for diving beginners.
The D9 has a basic interface that is easy to understand. Its backlight makes it easy to see in low-light conditions. The D9 also has an easy-to-use menu system that makes it easy to navigate.
The D9 also has various diving features that make it the perfect dive computer for beginners. These features include an altitude readout, a dive time readout, and a barometric pressure readout. These features make it easy for beginners to keep track of their dives and adjust their dive settings accordingly.
2. How Long Do Dive Computers Last?
Commonly, dive computers compute the diving tables for almost 24 hours without any interruption. So, if a diver is diving an hour a day, the dive computer will have the capacity to last for about 300 days.
3. Do Dive Computers Come with a Dive Console?
Yes, almost all types of dive computers are now available with a digital compass. It makes sure to tell you all statistics including the dive depth, pressure, and tank pressure.
A dive computer is an essential piece of diving gear and one that can be confusing to shop for. I’ve compiled a list of the best dive computers for beginners based on my experience and reviews from other divers. Make sure you read the reviews first to get a good idea of what features are important to you and what compromises may need to be made to get the right beginner’s dive computer.